Thursday, March 23, 2017

Compose Your Frame



When discussing the concepts of Still Composition, I went looking through the many photos I have taken of the many places I have seen. I always try to incorporate these elements when I take a photo. In the photo I ultimately chose, I feel the concepts have been illustrated very clearly.

The rule of thirds places the end of the alley in the left of the frame, utilizing the diagonal lines created by the alley as well as the brickwork making up the wall to draw your eye in a line down towards the other side. There is even an arrow under the address that further emphasizes this diagonal line. The vectors are all pointing towards the end of the alley which gives viewers a sense of clarity.

There is also contrast between the blue of the sky and the red of the brick with creates a lot of visual interest as well as making the colors pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment